Friday, March 2, 2018

OURstory!

I responded for another call for entry entitled "OURstory" which will tell the stories of disenfranchised people and their fights for equal rights.  I created a 25" X 40" quilt inspired by Rosa Parks.  I chose to base my art quilt on the iconic mugshot photo of her, but I changed it up a little, by putting equal on the sign she was holding up, and in the background, I used an original thermofax screen, to "inscribe" common words and phrases from that time on the brick wall behind her.  I included words like, "colored, segregation, whites only and back of the bus" to name a few.  I am REALLY proud of the job I did quilting her face.  But, I can't post pictures of the finished product just yet.  Here is a photo my daughter took of me while I was working on it, and a small shot of the back!  More to come.......




No comments:

Post a Comment