Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Accepted

The same person who brought us the "Fly Me To the Moon" quilt challenge, came up with another opportunity entitled "HERStory", which was about women who have made great contributions to society and the world in general.  I was approved to make quilts in honor of Oprah Winfrey, Misty Copeland and Hattie McDaniel.  Talk about a learning experience....Whew!  I would say I really loved the way the Oprah quilt came out, but I was most proud to make the quilt of Hattie McDaniel. The Misty quilt, called "Misty in the making" was in honor of her, but it was based on a photo taken of three little ballerinas that I happened to run across of a classmate's daughter. There were other people who submitted quilts about Oprah, and mine was not accepted, but both my Misty Copeland and Hattie McDaniel quilts were accepted!  I can't show photos at this time.....(I know, I know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment