Sunday, January 5, 2014

Something New

I had wanted to do this for a long time, but finally got around to it.  What inspired me to go ahead and do it?  I teach art at a middle school, and as we all know, there is simply not enough money in the education system in general. Did you know there are some school systems that value the arts so little that they don't even offer art to their students?  I have digressed---my apologies....I wanted to raise some money for my department, so I had my students/fellow staff members donate their gently used spirit t-shirts, and I made t-shirt quilts that were auctioned off. 


 
We were able to raise some money, and I am looking forward to doing it again next year.  Can you say HUGE learning opportunity! Since then, I have made some more, and am looking forward to making more quilted memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment