Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Year, New Goals

Well, 2013 is here and in full swing.  I have not done much in the fiber art arena, though I have done some sewing for my daughter and my newborn son who arrived just over a week ago.  I have however thought about the goals I have for this year.  I had many goals last year, which at the time seemed feasible.  But as my life sustained many changes, so did my priorities.  So, this year, I would like to be more realistic and not quite so specific with my goals.  With that said, my primary creative goals are to improve my technical skills, find my niche and use what I have in my stash to solve my creative challenges.

I heard the greatest quote recently, and I feel like it was  speaking directly to me:  "Perfection is the enemy of greatness".  I am my harshest critic, and it sometimes keeps me from finishing things once I view the work as "flawed".  So, with all my goals in mind, just working and finishing will allow me to grow creatively. That is my ultimate goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment